Tuesday, December 18, 2007

These guys broke my MINI, and had a blast!

Rich and his wife, Gloria, decided to rent a non-boring car on this trip to Waikiki. And a hot chili red Cooper Cabrio with black bonnet stripes is definitely a non-boring rental car. Two days into their rental they called me to say the rag-top is broken and will not retract. So I drove down to Waikiki and swapped out that MINI for a Cooper S Convertible, and even though it was bright outside, I swear I saw Rich's eyes light up. At the end of the rental, I could tell from their slicked back hair, wind-tattered leis and toothy grins that they appreciated the swap.

Funny thing is, after I picked up the "broken" MINI, I pulled into a parking lot, inspected a few things and the rag-top worked just fine. I've never had someone sabotage one of our MINIs just to drive the Cooper S. I'll keep an eye out for that in the future.

By the way, Rich and Gloria were our first customers that were BizX members. BizX is a business bartering company that assists businesses to trade their goods or services for other stuff. So now I could go spend my trade currency on something exciting like a trip to Bahamas, diamond earings for the Mrs., or a new plasma TV. I got my teeth cleaned instead.

No comments:

Google