Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Can MINIs float in the ocean?

Our 2006 MINI Cooper S did, thanks to our friends of Superferry Hawaii.

On February 4 I pulled up to the dock in Honolulu and loaded our hyper blue MINI Cooperonto the Superferry, a gigantic double-hulled catamaran that carries people and their vehicles between the Hawaiian islands. After securing the MINI downstairs, I headed up to the plush, leather-trimmed passenger lounge, fully equipped with flat screen TVs, 2 snack bars, gift shop, balcony and, of course, panoramic views. The crew members were very polite and helpful, and the variety of seats (I tried them all out) were more comparable to my family room sofa than an airline seat.

I must admit, it was a pretty bumpy trip, but I just happened to catch a ride during a large winter storm. I was assured that it is usually much smoother. After 3.5 hours of pictures, drinks, and 2 features films, we arrived in Kahului safe and sound.

No comments:

Google